Please review adoption process before applying
We are accepting Applications for our 2023 litters!
1. Puppies are $3,500. Once your application is approved and you place a non-refundable $500 deposit you will be added to our master waitlist. Remaining balance of $3,000 is due in cash at pickup.
2. Once you are on the master waitlist and we have an available reservation spot we will contact you.
3. You will then be given the option to be moved up to that litters reservation list or to stay on master list for an upcoming litter. Once you move to a reservation list it is a commitment to that litter. This is to ensure that the first families to place a deposit will have first chances at adding a puppy to their family and that each puppy has plenty of time to be matched to their forever family. Dropping from a litter that you have already committed to will result in a $250 fee to be placed back on the master list or your deposit will be lost. We highly recommend not joining a reservation list unless you like majority of the litter.
4. Matching begins at 6 weeks. We prefer to match puppies based on temperament compatibility. We will take your preferences into consideration (size, color, gender) but will use temperament as our top priority. We will work with families to help match them with the perfect puppy. We will sometimes offer our "Pick of the Litter Selection" spot for an additional cost for those who prefer not to be matched to their puppy based on temperament. Message us for more information on "Pick of the Litter selection" spots (this option will not always be available).
5. Puppies go home at 8 weeks of age.
Bayou Doodles reserves the right to any puppy that we would choose to add to our program.
MASTER LIST PROCESS
Puppy pet price is $3500. Instead of choosing a litter when the deposit is placed, we keep a master list of every person who has placed a deposit. A $500 non-refundable deposit is required to be placed on master waitlist. When a litter is born we will contact the families at the top of the list and they will be given the option to be moved to that litters RESERVATION LIST or pass and remain at the top of the list for the next litter. You will be given 24 hours to decide to be moved up to the reservation list or to stay on master list for an upcoming litter. Once you move from our Master List to a litter list, you are fully committed to that particular litter. We do not transfer deposits between litters. Dropping from a litter will result in losing your spot and moving to the bottom of the master list. We ask that you only move to a reservation list if you would be happy with majority of the puppies in that litter. Your spot on the list in no way allows you to "pick" your puppy. Bayou Doodles feels that the most important factor in choosing the perfect puppy for your home is temperament ; a family with a "busy" lifestyle would best be paired with a puppy who likes to play and explore, whereas a family who is more laid back, would match better with a puppy who is quiet and less busy. We will take your preferences into consideration (size, color, gender) but use temperament testing as our top priority. We work together with families to match our puppies to their best homes once the puppies are six weeks of age. We will sometimes offer our "Pick of The Litter Selection" spot for an additional cost for those who prefer not to be matched to their puppy based on temperament. Message us for more information on "Pick of The Litter selection" spots. (This option will not always be available.
You can always see your place on the list, and also see how many people are ahead of you. I will also update our "Upcoming litters" page frequently with info about who has been bred, which pregnancies have been confirmed, and how many puppies are expected. Dates are only estimates.
**Bayou Doodles reserves the right to reserve any puppies of choice for breeder prospects. Matching begins at 6 weeks of age.
Remaining balance due when puppy is picked up.
All pet puppies go home on a strict spay/neuter contract, which specifies that pet puppy must be spayed/neutered no later than the age of 6 months.
WHY DO THEY COST MORE THAN OTHER BREEDS?
It is vital when purchasing your labradoodle, that you purchase from a responsible breeder. Make sure the breeder tests for common diseases in the labradoodle as well as follows ethical, healthy, and best practices in puppy raising. WALA breeders pledge to follow such practices, continue to learn, and are required to follow the WALA health testing standards and vet care.
Differences in prices are due to many things:
1) An early generation dog (F1, F1b) are usually more affordable, but often shed.
2) Whether the breeder is a professional breeder or not. A professional breeder is home with puppies 24/7. That is their JOB. They are NOT puppy mills! A professional breeder does all of the following: They spend their days caring for and enriching your puppy so that it is well-socialized, well-balanced (not skittish, etc.), and well cared-for. They usually use a puppy raising program such as Avidog, Puppy Culture, or BAB. They do extensive health testing on parents (hips, elbows, patellas, eyes, hearts, genetic testing for diseases) to ensure your puppy will be as healthy as possible. They do preventative de-worming every two weeks, provide high quality food, have each puppy health checked by their vet, and have its first vaccine administered and microchipped. They have each puppy temperament tested. They are usually a member of a breed club such as WALA, ALAA, or ALCA, pay member dues, pay to register each litter of puppies, have certified pedigrees and provide you with your registration and pedigree. Question whether a program IS a puppy mill if they do not do all of the above. Question whether you are dealing with a backyard breeder if they do not do all of the above. Low prices usually equal one or the other and can result in puppies with behavioral or genetic health problems.
We have created a facebook group to provide multigen Australian labradoodle families with a wealth of helpful tips and information about this incredible breed.